THE CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER MEETING
is held on the last Monday of each month at 6.00 pm
at 23c Main Street, BARROWDEN
Come for a quiet moment of reflection in the peace and love of God’s presence.
Welcome for a time of silence to reflect, pray or
enjoy centring self to the calm of the moment.
People may drop in for any period of time within that hour
silently entering and leaving so not to disturb.
Silent reflection can be carried out alone, one can eat alone but is so much more uniting when shared with others.
“ Where two or three have gathered in My name, there I am in their midst” Matthew 18:20
Just another reminder that with the Church at Barrowden being closed until May 2019, you will be welcome to attend other services within the Benefice, and details of times etc. are available in the village magazine or on the Welland Fosse website.
If you would like a lift to any of the services, then please contact one of the following who would be happy to help:-
|Martin Beattie||01780 721659|
|Kay Bagshaw||01572 747797|
|David Lovering||01572 747670|
|Janet Verest||01572 747994|
Barrowden & Wakerley PCC
The sermon which Christopher Armstrong gave in Duddington on the occasion of All Soul’s Day can be found at All Souls’ Day 2018
Four weeks in and the builders have made steady progress with no issues
discovered beneath the floor.
- The stone and wood floor has now been carefully removed, as has the old blower heater.
The old stone flags have been palleted and will be sold.
- Some ancient damage by rabbits to the foundations of the pillars has been discovered.
This has now been remedied with concrete infill;
- 2 more ledger stones, one dated 1685, have been discovered in the vestry area.
These will be repositioned, together with the only other ledger stone which was located
at the top of the north aisle.
- Small fragments of human vertebrae have been found during the excavations.
These will be re-interred later in the process.
- The new floor level will be raised to the level of the medieval floor which was higher
than the Victorian floor, recently removed;
Finally the first pouring of concrete to create a sub-base for the new floor has been made.
St Peter’s Reordering Team.
Barrowden Church closed for worship on 10 September. The pews have been removed and all sold locally. The church has been cleared, valuables stored and the space prepared for the builders.
- The Builders begin work on Monday 1st October at 8.30 am. The church and churchyard then become a building site under the responsibility of the builder, WW Brown and Sons.
- Access to the churchyard will then be limited or occasionally prohibited to visitors, depending upon the building work currently underway. If you wish to visit the graves or pass through the gates to walk your dog please phone the builders beforehand if at all possible to avoid disappointment. The number is 01858 465353.
- It is anticipated that the building work will be completed by 3 May 2019. Until that time these restrictions will apply for the security of the site and the safety of us all.
Now that the pews have been taken out we can begin to see what an inspiring and flexible new space will be created
Thank you for your concern and patience in this matter.