Below is the sermon given by Christopher Armstrong at Duddington on Sunday 30th December. (The sermon is being displayed in a slightly different way so place you cursor on sermon and a black bar will appear at the top which allows you to turn the page by clicking on the arrows at the left of the bar)Benefice Service December 2018
Many thanks to Janet and her team for the spectacular flower displays which decorated our church during the Christmas and Epiphany season.
- As 2018 draws to a close the builders are in their final week of work before the Christmas shutdown.
- We had a good Open Morning on 8 December.
- Visitors were very impressed with the new-look church and the quality of the chairs we’ve chosen.
- Now that the concrete sub-floor is finished, brickwork for the Meeting Room and WC is being laid.
- And a lot of insulation for the floor has appeared !
- Here’s a photo of one of the old pews, beautifully restored in its new home, Sally and Stuart Brown’s kitchen.
- Our fundraising is ongoing and we are seeking to add to the £132,750 we’ve raised in grants.
- We are close to being able to do everything we want to do but we’re not quite there yet.
- Perhaps we will receive a few Christmas presents!
THE CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER MEETING
is held on the last Monday of each month at 6.00 pm
at 23c Main Street, BARROWDEN
Come for a quiet moment of reflection in the peace and love of God’s presence.
Welcome for a time of silence to reflect, pray or
enjoy centring self to the calm of the moment.
People may drop in for any period of time within that hour
silently entering and leaving so not to disturb.
Silent reflection can be carried out alone, one can eat alone but is so much more uniting when shared with others.
“ Where two or three have gathered in My name, there I am in their midst” Matthew 18:20
Just another reminder that with the Church at Barrowden being closed until May 2019, you will be welcome to attend other services within the Benefice, and details of times etc. are available in the village magazine or on the Welland Fosse website.
If you would like a lift to any of the services, then please contact one of the following who would be happy to help:-
|Martin Beattie||01780 721659|
|Kay Bagshaw||01572 747797|
|David Lovering||01572 747670|
|Janet Verest||01572 747994|
Barrowden & Wakerley PCC