We may amend this policy from time to time by updating this page. Therefore, we suggest you check this page occasionally to ensure you are aware of and are happy with any amendments.
What information do we collect?
Personal information may be collected from you in various ways, for example: –
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (these are information about your browser, your IP address, your general location as determined from your IP address and provided by your browser, the site from which you come, and the links followed when leaving our site). This information is collected through Google Analytics
- When you register for newsletters (this includes your name, email address, and any other details asked for and which you provide)
How is the information used?
We use this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To supply to you services via the website
- For statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website or improve our services.
- Internal record keeping, and administrative purposes, and to inform you about Welland Fosse events, services or other related information that we think would be of interest to you, as explained above.
- To communicate via newsletters
Your information will not be disclosed to any third party. You may at any time ask us to refrain from sending you emails by sending us an email with the words UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject box or by telephoning us. If we contact you by email each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information of that type from us.
If you would like us to destroy information we hold about you, please let us know.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors for lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
The internet is not a secure medium. However we take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. Our database is hosted in a secure data centre. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of information by us. Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
How to contact us