The Welland-Fosse Benefice: Prayers and Notices
Sunday 12 April 2020: Easter Day
- “Alleluia! The Lord is Risen! He is risen indeed, Alleluia!”
- Please remember in your prayers those who are sick: Ann Fowler, Gill Profit, Jeremy Bagshaw (Kay’s son; Coronavirus), Barry Broughton, Derek Barker and Sandie Scotney.
- In our wider prayers we remember the Deanery of Greater Northampton and its Rural Dean, Beverley Hollins.
- Don’t forget our very own daily Lent Blog which can be accessed via the Benefice website, wellandfosse.org Also, the quite excellent Good Friday Art Exhibition.
- Today was supposed to be the culmination of our Benefice stewardship campaign but it has been blown off course by CV. When we can return to normality, the campaign will be even more urgent to attend to.
- From Easter Monday onwards, why not join us via Zoom for Morning Prayer each day at 8.30am? Our prayers have never been more vital! If you wish to join, obtain the Daily Prayer App on your mobile phone and email Simon Ailey (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will send you an invitation to the group.
For anyone who may be taking a walk on Sunday please check out the village green near Church.
EASTER SUNDAY 2020
Today is going to be a very different Easter Sunday to any that we have known before. There will be no joyful services with full churches, no friendship and fellowship after the service over a coffee and a piece of cake. Should we just forget about Easter this year and wait until next year when hopefully we can celebrate in a fitting manner? This would assume that Easter is only one day.
However, Easter is for each one of us and for every day. Jesus said, “I am with you always” and it is this thought that we need to cling to. Jesus rose from the dead so that we too might live. He understands how we are feeling now and stands beside us at this difficult time. Christ rose in glory. So although celebration is perhaps not forefront in our hearts, let us remember the true message of Easter wherever we are. Jesus is with us always.
Prayer: Lord, you suffered and died and rose again. May we find joy out of heartache and understanding out of confusion. Help us to remember your great love for each one of us and ask that the message of Easter speak to us. Amen.
A very blessed Easter to you all. Ann Robinson
See wellandfosse.org for much more information, including contact details for
The Very Rev Christopher Armstrong and the churchwardens