The Welland-Fosse Benefice: Prayers and Notices.
Sunday 15th March 2020: Lent III
Please remember in your prayers those who are sick: Ray Kilsby, Ann Fowler and Barry Broughton.
Remember also in your prayers our sheep farmers who are working towards the end of lambing.
In our wider prayers we remember the Deanery of Greater Northampton and its Rural Dean, Beverley Hollins.
Don’t forget our very own daily Lent Blog which can be accessed via the Benefice website, www.wellandfosse.org
If you have now received your stewardship form, please consider prayerfully how you might respond. We hope our campaign can be completed by Easter Day.
We have received a letter from Bishop Donald regarding temporary guidance for hygiene concerning the current covid-19 coronavirus outbreak. These will be lifted when life returns to normal.
- Those giving out books or papers as people enter church, must have hygienically clean hands, in the same way as the ministers of Communion.
- Greetings at the door, at the peace, and after the service, should not involve touching or very close contact. The peace can be shared with a nod, a smile or with appropriate words. This will be easier if people stay in their places rather than crowding into narrow spaces.
- The wine will not be offered at Holy Communion, but all the benefits of Communion are received when only bread is shared.
Please pray for all those affected in any way by this outbreak.
We thank the Rev Roy Seden for taking today’s service while Christopher is away. Thanks to those who attended church in Barrowden last Sunday to support the Williams family as their twins were baptised.
- Next Sunday – Mothering Sunday Holy Communion 9.30am.
- Thank you to everyone who helped with, or supported, the lunch on Friday.
- This coming Friday 30th March 7.30 – ‘Mr Keith’ community event in the village hall. £11.
- Church Springclean and Churchyard Tidy April Monday 6th April 2pm.
See wellandfosse.org for much more information, including contact details for The Very Rev Christopher Armstrong and the churchwardens