The Welland-Fosse Benefice: Prayers and Notices.
Sunday 20th September 2020: Trinity XV
- Please remember in your prayers those who are sick: Janette Saunders, Barry Broughton, Betty Tyler, Graham Robinson, Belinda Forbes and Derek Barker.
- Pray too for the soul of Edward Ellis who died last week
- Zoom services continue throughout the week, including today, 11am (via firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Today we continue our gradual return to church with worship at at Tixover, 9.30am (Holy Communion), followed by the Zoom service at 11am. Next week, worship is at Morcott, 9.30am followed by Zoom at 11am
- Pray too for Simon Aley who is made Deacon on Saturday 26 September for service at Oakham Parish Church.
Thank you for continuing to donate to the Foodbank.
Our Church is open from 10-4 every day.
This Week’s Meditation:
I have written about change and uncertainty before, but it seems that everything is in a state of flux at the moment. Last night the North east of England was put under further restrictions to their lives so no more meetings with grandchildren. This morning, Lancashire has been given the news of partial lockdown again and some of the places near to us have already suffered under those restrictions. There is mention of further national curbs.
Many are becoming weary and dispirited and simply want normality and the usual routine of their lives. There have been some good points; we have become more aware of what is happening in the natural world, listening to the birds, seeing the bees in a flower, appreciating the movement of the seasons. We have also welcomed new friends whom we would perhaps never have met had it not been for the help given and the walks round our beautiful villages.
People often wish that they knew what was going to happen in the future but I’m sure we would just waste time worrying about it and how we could avoid it! One thing I have learnt (often the hard way!) is that if we look back on life there is generally a reason why events happened in the way they did but we did not know it at the time. There is a certainty in life which comes from trusting in Christ to lead us. As the hymn states. “Everything changes but God changes not.”
Prayer: Lord, in all the uncertainty of life, give us your assurance of compassion and love. Amen.
See wellandfosse.org for much more information, including contact details for The Very Rev Christopher Armstrong and the churchwardens