The Welland-Fosse Benefice: Prayers and Notices Sunday 7th March 2021
The Welland-Fosse Benefice: Prayers and Notices
Sunday 7th March 2021: Lent 3
- Please remember in your prayers those who are sick: Ray Bailey, Janette Saunders and Jane Williams. Will Beattie is now out of ICU and doing well.
- Today the Zoom service will be at 11am.
- Zoom Morning Prayer continues on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8.30am. Compline is on a Thursday at 6pm. If you would like an invitation to Compline, contact Sally Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Studies in Mark’s Gospel continue this week: Tuesday at 7.30pm. If you would like an invitation, please contact Simon Aley at email@example.com.
- “Just the Job”: An entertainment for our five parishes. It continues on Zoom, 7pm on Monday 15th March. It brings together 3 people with similar career backgrounds who share something of their work for five minutes after which we are invited to ask questions. On 15th March: ‘The Historians’. Each session lasts 45 minutes. Join us by emailing Martin Beattie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Compline on Sundays in Lent starts at 6pm. This week, Canon Michael Wedgeworth, ex Methodist, will talk about the virtue of Temperance. Martin Beattie is our host. Please contact him if you wish to join the Zoom service.
- ‘Prayers for Patience in Lent 2021’ available at the back of church or in the porch. Help yourself.
- Our Church will be open for private prayer every day from 10-4.
- Hopefully Compline will be zoomed from our Church at 6pm on Sunday.
- Coffee Morning Zoom at 11am on Monday 8th March. It should be possible to phone into this if you don’t have internet. Details from email@example.com or tel: 01780 729515.
To Keep a True Lent by Robert Herrick
Is this a fast, to keep
The larder lean
From fat of veals and sheep?
Is it to quit the dish
Of flesh, yet still
The platter high with fish?
Is it to fast an hour,
Or ragged to go,
A downcast look and sour?
No: ’tis a fast to dole
Thy sheaf of wheat
Unto the hungry soul.
It is to fast from strife
From old debate
To circumcise thy life.
To show a heart grief-rent;
To starve thy sin,
And that’s to keep thy Lent.
See wellandfosse.org for much more information, including contact details for
The Very Rev Christopher Armstrong and the churchwardens