Help needed at Barrowden Church with
We have had in place a maintenance programme with Elms Landscaping to cut the churchyard during the summer months. However, as the church has been closed as a result of the coronavirus, our income has been considerably reduced and as we need to conserve church funds we have found it necessary to cancel the contractor in the short term.
It is our intent to maintain the churchyard in good order, and we have in place a small team of volunteers who are cutting the grass with the church petrol mower in between maintenance cuts. However, our greatest requirement is for someone with a sit-on mower to assist in cutting the areas around the back of the church once a month, together with someone with a strimmer to trim around the gravestones. An additional two or three people to help spread the load of the current volunteers using the petrol mower would also be welcomed.
Please contact David Lovering, tel no. 747670, if you are able to offer any help as it would be greatly appreciated.
Sunday 1st March 2020: Lent I
Please remember in your prayers those who are sick: Ray Kilsby, Barry Broughton and Robin Rowland.
Pray too for the departed: Peter Leach and Ted Bailey.
Remember also in your prayers our sheep farmers who continue lambing in challenging weather.
In our wider prayers we remember the Deanery of Greater Northampton and its Rural Dean, Beverley Hollins.
If anyone still needs The Lent Book, ‘#Live Lent, Care for God’s Creation’, please contact your parish book agent, a warden or the Priest-in-Charge. Are you signed up to the Benefice website? The first Lent Blog post – our equivalent of ‘thought for the day’ – is there, to be followed by one a week for the six weeks of Lent. All are written by lay people across the Benefice and linked to the #LiveLent themes.
- Tuesday, 3 March: Lent lunch in St Peter’s 12 noon – 2.00 pm. Delicious homemade soup and rolls. All proceeds from donations to go to Shelter.
- Saturday 14 March – Children’s Theatre Group in Barrowden Village Hall 2.30pm. An interactive water adventure, target age group 7 years +, £5.00 (under 18s) £8.00 (Adults). Book with Sara on 01572 747628.
- 23 April: please contact Carol if you can make a cake for the Open Day at Red Kite House.
The March issue of the Parish Magazine is on its way, thanks to a new volunteer. Have you given Eric your £5 subscription yet?
- Mon 2 Mar 10.45-12 noon. Pick up a free coffee, tea or hot choc from the Coffee Connect van, The Boot carpark, then join us for cake in the village hall!
- Ted’s Funeral – Tuesday 3 March at 11.30am in Church.
- Next Sunday 9.30 am Family Communion.
- Friday 13 March Lent Lunch 12-1.30 in the Village Hall.
- Mr Keith’s community event in the village hall, Fri 20 Mar 7.30pm £11.
- Advance notice: church spring-clean/churchyard tidy on Mon 6 April from 2pm
- ‘Still Time’ each Monday 5.30-6pm in Church. Why not join us during Lent?
See wellandfosse.org for much more information, including contact details for The Very Rev Christopher Armstrong and the churchwardens
CHURCH GARDEN MAINTENANCE
If anyone would like to come and help keep the Churchyard neat and tidy it would be
lovely if you could come and join us on the dates below. Please come what time you can make,
the time given is just a guide. Please bring your own tools if you can. We usually provide
SATURDAY 11 APRIL 2020 ………10.30 am
SATURDAY 6 JUNE 2020 ……..10.30am
SATURDAY 15 AUGUST 2020 ………..10.30 am
SATURDAY 17 OCTOBER 2020 ………..10.30
IF THE WEATHER IS TOO AWFUL TO GARDEN ON THE DAY, WE WILL TRY THE
Thank you to all the sponsors and those who Rode and Strode- including the residents of the Rectory and the High Sheriff and her husband.
It was a wonderful day for cycling!
Many thanks to the supporters who provided well earned refreshments.