Sunday Services for the second serv1ce before Advent.
9.30am South Luffenham Church Service of Remembrance (AR)
10.00am Duddington Church Service of Remembrance
10.50 am Morcott Church Service of Remembrance Lay led.
10.55 am Barrowden Church Service of Remembrance (AR)
10.55 am Zoom Service from Barrowden (AR)
Readings: Micah ch 4 v 1-5 and John ch 15 v 9-17
- Zoom Morning Prayer continues on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8.30 am.,
- Compline will be said on Thursday at 6pm. If you would like an invitation, contact Sally Smith. sally@saltlanecom
Coronavirus and Our Churches.
We are in difficult times as a community and the wardens and I want to share with you the resources of our church for it is at such times of national emergency and challenge that people fall back on old certainties often overlooked.
- Following government guidance and instructions from our archbishops, there will be no public worship in our churches until further notice.
- However, our churches are open for business…prayer! Please use this special place – set aside for worship and prayer – at your leisure. Prayer resources are already available in the church and specific ‘prayers in hard times’ will be available soon for you to use in church or take away. Please respect others who might be using the church in the same way, giving them ‘social distance’. The Lent Blog on the Benefice Website also offers thoughts and prayers.
- At times of crisis The Church and its members are specifically called to witness to the continuing presence and power of God through prayer and action. Awareness of our neighbours’ needs is written into our national DNA but it is primarily a faith activity: “Love God and your neighbour as yourself” (Luke 10.27). Please remember in your prayers those in authority who have to make difficult decisions on our behalf and those who sacrifice their own well-being to help others either professionally or domestically.
- Many folk will be worried about themselves, their loved ones and the future of our lives both communally and individually. Please use your wardens, PCC members and myself to discuss anything which is on your mind. Small issues usually mask greater issues which affect us all. No concern will be dismissed; there will be a way through. Hope will prevail.
Wednesday 18 March 2020.