The Welland-Fosse Benefice: Prayers and Notices.
Sunday 26 September 2021: Seventeenth Sunday after Trinity
- Please pray for the sick including Jane Williams, Judith Piggott, Sylvia Martin and Derek Barker. Pray too for the departed, including Barry Broughton.
- Please remember in your prayers Paul Elwys from South Luffenham who is to be Confirmed in Peterborough Cathedral on 10 October.
- Zoom Morning Prayer continues on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8.30 am. Compline is on Thursday at 6 pm.
- Next Sunday, 26 September, we are in church at South Luffenham, 11.00 am and also on Zoom.
- Face Masks: up until now we have encouraged people to wear face masks in church but with the break between infections and hospitalization, the immunization rate and the space and airiness of our churches we invite you now to wear a mask or not, as you feel most comfortable. The Covid restrictions on the Holy Communion service will continue.
- The County Council, working with Leicestershire, are busy housing Afghan refugees in our area. They have asked us to hold fire on further donations as the critical need at the moment is detached housing. If you can help for at least a year, please visit the government website for refugees.
BARROWDEN: 1 October 7.30 pm: ‘Yes Minister’ – Recollections from a Sir Humphrey, a talk by Sir Kevin Tebbit in St Peter’s Church. If you would like a ticket contact David Lovering 747670, Kay Bagshaw 748797 or the Village Shop.
2 October, 10 – 12 noon: a garage sale of books at Barrowden Rectory: theology, spirituality, history, reference, novels and some rare books. Most items 50p. 50% of proceeds to benefice funds.
DUDDINGTON: 3 October: Harvest Festival at 5.00 pm followed by supper in Village Hall.
MORCOTT: Benefice Recovery Service (reflection on the pandemic) which is at 3.00pm on 17 October at St Mary’s Morcott.
SOUTH LUFFENHAM: Sunday 26 Sep 11 am, Harvest Festival followed by Harvest Lunch in the Village Hall.
Sunday 10th October 9.30am Morning Worship
Sunday 24th October 9.30am Holy Communion
See wellandfosse.org for much more information, including contact details for
The Very Rev Christopher Armstrong and the churchwardens