he Welland-Fosse Benefice: Prayers and Notices
Sunday 3 May 2020: Easter IV
- Please remember in your prayers those who are sick: Gill Profit, Jeremy Bagshaw, Kay’s son and Janette Saunders (both with Coronavirus), Barry Broughton and Derek Barker.
- Pray too for the souls of the departed, including Sandy Scotney.
- We pray also for all those who put their lives in danger to serve others suffering from Coronavirus.
- Why not join us via Zoom for Morning Prayer each day at 8.30am – or Compline on Mondays and Wednesdays at 7.30pm? Our prayers have never been more vital! If you wish to join, download Zoom on your computer and obtain the Daily Prayer App on your mobile phone and email Simon Aley (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will send you an invitation to the group.
- Bored – like the rest of us? How about something lighter in the middle of the week? Quiz? A course? Art or photograph meditation? Favourite poem and why? Please respond to the Priest-in-Charge, Tel. 01572 748634.
We live in a beautiful part of the world and are privileged to be able to watch the lambs in Spring. Sheep are often mentioned in the Bible and the 23rd Psalm The Lord is my shepherd is such a comforting piece used at many services. Jesus used the picture of sheep in some of his stories and tells how the sheep would know the voice of their shepherd and would follow him only. In the confirmation service the words “He has called you by name” are so important.
In this strange time, God is not elsewhere; he is with us and cares what is happening to each one of us whether we are someone who can help others or whether we are alone. He has a plan for each one of us and will speak to us if we allow ourselves to listen to him. He calls us by name because each one of us is special to him and he cares. Do we listen to him to find out what he wants us to do or do we bombard him with words so that he does not get a word in?
Prayer: Loving Lord, help us to listen to you and find your will for us. Give us the strength to follow in your way. Amen. Ann Robinson
See wellandfosse.org for much more information, including contact details for
The Very Rev Christopher Armstrong and the churchwardens